A Form consists of one or more PAGES made up of ELEMENTS (eg: text field, drop down menu etc.) that the visitor will fill out at sign in.
To create your first Form…
1. Go to your admin Setup page (cog icon).
2. Select Forms.
3. A demo Form has already been setup. To customise this to your needs, select the three dots on the right hand side. A small menu will come up. Select Edit.
4. NB: If wishing to create a new Form from scratch select Add New Form.
The Form edit page will appear.
5. Click on the pencil icon and name your Form eg: “Contractor”.
6. In the Select Site dropdown, select the Site for which this Form shall apply to. A Form can only be applied to the one Site.
7. Select which Visitor Type the Form will be used in. A Form can be used by multiple Visitor Types.
The Form Builder
Comprising most of the Form page is the Form Builder. It is made up of three columns:
A: The Left-hand Column contains the ingredients to build your Form: Pages & Elements.
B: The Middle Column is where you compile your Pages and drag and drop Elements (content) to each Page.
C: The Right-hand Column allows you to configure the Element you have selected Middle Column.
By default, the Demo Form will already have two PAGES listed in the Page Preview Pane… Visitor Profile (8) and Site Info (9).
The Visitor Profile PAGE can collect basic details from the visitor such as Photo, First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Company, ID card# etc.
The Site Info page is an optional PAGE (9) that might contain any of the following eight Text Elements:
- Entry Instructions: A short list of basic behaviours and expectations for the visitor.
- Emergency Info: eg Evacuation procedures and assembly points.
- Health and Safety Info: eg Health and Safety Induction for Contractors.
- Wifi Info: The Wi-Fi network name and password details for use by visitors.
- Conditions of Entry: More detailed and specific Terms and Conditions eg: Code of Conduct.
- Images: eg an evacuation map.
- PDF Documents: eg an NDA document.
- Custom: Headings & body text.
A Blank Page can also be added if wishing to build a PAGE from scratch. Click the blue “+” icon and it will appear in the middle Page Preview Pane so that you may begin to drag and drop Page Elements (content) into place.
On the left hand side, underneath the three Page options (10) is listed (in green) are page ELEMENTS that can be dragged and dropped onto a PAGE (11). These are:
- Visitor Photo
- Text Element: The eight options are listed above (9).
- Questions: Visitors will enter a response by either typing into a Text Field, selecting single or multiple options from a drop down menu… or toggling a switch on or off.
- Media: Add an image or document. The document might be a .pdf or .doc file that the visitor downloads to read.
- Signature Pad: Collect the signature of the visitor. This is usually placed at the bottom of a page.
- Host: Add a selector where a visitor can select the name of the person they are visiting.
For more details on adding the various Elements to your Page, please refer to these help articles:
Once you are done adding your Pages and their various Elements, you may do a preview of the visitor’s sign in experience.
12. Select the Preview button. A mockup of your first create page will appear.
13. Do a test sign in.
Once you are satisfied with your Form either Save as Draft (14) or Save & Publish (15).